Rope Access Assessment Level 1 – Sample QuestionsRope Access USA
We’ve spoken to rope access techs around the country and compiled a list of example questions from rope access assessment level 1 to help you prepare to pass. These will help you pass both IRATA and SPRAT rope access assessment level 1.
We hope you find these useful in your studying and will publish them regularly so subscribe now to get notified as soon as they’re published.
Look out for more IRATA and SPRAT Level 1, 2 and 3 example assessment questions.
- What is the minimum rope access team size?
- When can rope access personnel work alone?
- List 3 responsibilities of a level one rope access technician.
- List the five pieces of information that must be recorded in a technician’s logbook after completing qualified rope access work.
- How often should a rope access technician check their personal equipment?
- What is the primary purpose of a job hazard analysis (JHA)?
- List five main components of a JHA and explain their importance.
- Once the JHA is completed, what must be done with the document before beginning work?
- Define the following:
Access zone –
Hazard zone –
Safe zone –
- List the four components of a safety check performed before entering the access zone.
- List three methods of communication that might be used on a job site.
- Why is it important for a rope access team to use standardized commands and communication on a rope access job?
- Why is a standard fall arrest harness not suitable for rope access work?
- What is the required configuration when using lateral D-rings for positioning with a rope access harness?
- Describe the primary function of the core and sheath on a kermmantle rope.
- What types of materials used for constructing rope access ropes?
- Explain the main difference between a static and dynamic rope?
- What type of rope is usually used for rope access working and safety lines?
- What is the main application a rope access technician would use dynamic rope for?
- What type of rope should be used for the rope access lanyards on a technician’s harness?
- List three types of information a manufacturer should include with every rope.
- According to the cordage institute what is the minimum breaking strength (MBS) rope manufacturers are required to produce 11mm ropes to?
- Approximately what percentage of strength is lost when a knot is tied in a rope?
- List three factors that can damage a rope.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog and social media channels to get alerted about new rope access job and assessment info.