Rope Access Assessment Level 2 – Sample QuestionsRope Access USA
We’ve compiled sample questions for SPRAT and IRATA assessments. This list of sample questions for a Rope Access Assessment Level 2 will help you pass first time.
1. List three ways to mitigate impact force on a worker in the event of a main life failure?
2. Explain the difference that a kg and Kn.
3. List two examples of what the term “load” applies to in Rope Access.
4. Starting with a 3:1 mechanical advantage hauling system, explain how you would turn that system into a 5:1. How would you turn it into a 9:1?
5. If you are hauling a load with a simple 3:1 mechanical advantage system, list two ways you could make the hauling job easier?
6. What is the formula for calculating a fall factor?
7. How many hours of rope access experience are required before certifying for level two SPRAT & IRATA?
8. What is the main difference between a knot and a hitch?
9. List three types of hitches.
10. What is a tensionless hitch? Describe how you would be “tie” one and why you might you choose to use one for an anchor attachment.
11. Approximately what percentage of strength is lost by using a lark’s foot in a sling?
12. List four considerations when rigging anchors.
13. List two reasons why you might choose to use a load sharing anchor.
14. Calculate the approximate force on each of the anchor points for a two point load sharing anchor if the load is 220 pounds and the angle in the load sharing bridle is: 50 degrees – 90 degrees – 120 degrees – 140 degrees – 160 degrees –
15. What are two safety concerns with placing anchors less than six feet from an unprotected edge on a platform with a 100 ft drop where technicians will need to get on and off the ropes? List at least two steps that could be taken to mitigate the safety concerns you’ve listed.
16. According to SPRAT Safe Practices, explain under which circumstances a level two technician can supervise rope access work in the field without a level three supervisor on site?
17. According to IRATA International Code of Practice, when can a level two technician supervise rope access work in the field without a level three supervisor on site?
18. Explain when a work seat or temp work platform should be used by a rope access technician?
19. List three pieces of information a certificate of conformity contains.
20. What is OSHA’s peak impact force allowed on a body when arresting a fall?
21. Referring to Rope Access harnesses, explain the purpose and method of each of the following “test”:
Load test –
Function test –
Suspension test –
23. What is the difference between the SWL and the WLL of a piece of equipment? Explain in simple terms how to calculate a SWL.
24. Calculate the SWL of a rope if the MBS of the rope is 7400 lbs and you use a safety factor of 10:1.
25. List three important safety considerations when constructing and using a “pull through” rope retrieval.
Don’t forget to subscribe and share if you know someone who wants to pass their Rope Access Assessment Level 2 first time.