Website Sky Climber Wind Solutions
Life at Sky Climber means more - inspiring, exciting, fun and challenging.
Sky Climber Wind Solutions is a total solutions provider for turbine maintenance. Our products and services are designed to maximize safety while providing total access solutions and applications to the wind industry.
- Assembles rigging and platform equipment to Wind Turbines.
- Operates Access Platforms.
- Perform daily inspections on rigging and access platforms.
- Selects cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and slings to fixed overhead structures.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as slings, loops, wires, ropes and chains to shackles and crane hook.
- Sets up braces and rigs hoisting and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches; splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings and tackle.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting machinery and equipment.
- Provide Technical and consulting support
- Assist with work as directed by management
- Complete required paperwork (ex. Time cards, expense reports, service reports, etc.)
- Participate in on-the-job training with on-site personnel
- Work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Exhibit positive, courteous behavior with customers, businesses and co-workers
- Rigging Certification Preferred.
- One year of related experience or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates applicable experience.
- Must be able to climb a 300 ft. vertical ladder.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a passport.
- Ability to work in High Elevations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Read, write and speak English.
- Planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to bend, kneel, clime, and squat. Have full range of motion.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to operate hand tools.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Wind Energy Safe Access and Rescue or Equivalent (Tractel/Skylotec preferred).
- Suspended Platform Safe Access and Rescue. (Rigging Practices and Procedures).
- NFPA 70-E.
- Confined Space.
- OSHA 10.
- First Aid/CPR.
Driving Record Requirements:
- Valid current state license without restrictions
- No license suspension or restrictions within previous 3 years
- No DWI/DWAI/OWI/OUI etc. within previous 5 years.
- No more than three points on the motor vehicle report within previous 3 years. A point is generally considered a violation as reported on an MVR. One point is generally assigned for each ticket. Two points are generally assigned for each accident. Additional violations or incidents reported on an MVR may also be assigned a point value.
Travel Requirements – Must be able to travel 100%.
Location – Variable locations throughout the US and Canada.
To apply for this job please visit www.skyclimberwind.com.